Thursday, August 13, 2009

Zoo and Ocean

We filled another day with Chicago activities. We drove downtown had the BEST time at the zoo.
LP Zoo is right in the heart of downtown, it's not huge so it was easy to get around. This is the sea lion feeding show.
See the alligator? June was a little scared.
Sissy touching a snake.
They told the kids to use 2 fingers and June obeyed.
Scotty started getting hot.
They danced to some local folk music.
Then we found a mini SPLASH PAD!

The Mister joined the fun.
Scary climbing thing that the kids loved.
Trying to be like the cool soccer dudes.
We decided because they already had on their swimming suits and it was sunny and beautiful day we needed to follow the crowd and head to the beach. We walked across a huge bridge.
And found this dreamy spot. Both kids thought it was just like San Diego.
Ready for the water.
They all loved it.
Sissy and June both went under water.
MackyMac spent most of his time like this.
A random lady took pictures of the kids.
Macker ate more sand.
Perfect day.
Could you guys please pray for my Scooter in Thailand. He's sick. Fever, chills, cough... he will be traveling 30+ hours to get home in the next few days so please pray he heals quickly. Thanks!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

You are the BEST Chicago tour guide ... EVER! Love Mac's chunky thigh rolls. Love the bumble swim trunks in Junie. Love all the sand eating ... and that Amelia is SO BRAVE! We'll be praying for Scott ...

Kristi said...

Praying. Poor baby.

Scott Murray said...

Katie, You are the best mom in the world! I can not believe what you did while I have been gone! You will not believe the gifts that I got the kids...you will absolutely love them!!!!!


We leave in 6 hours...I actually feel pretty good right now!


Amen...
Love you baby!

Jasmyn said...

I have to agree with your husband (feel better Scott!), you are amazing. I don't think I want Joel or the kids to see your blog because then they will know how lame I am. Can I please come live with you?????

Rachel said...

Glad Scott's feeling better! And I feel like such a slacker-mom, I can barely get out of the house with 2, here you are running around a huge city with three. Rock on lady!

Mikele said...

1. I'm back!
2. Mac. Gross!
3. Random picture lady needs to mind her crack.