Saturday, March 20, 2010

Awana Olympics!!

Yesterday Sissy informed me that if it didn't hurt my feelings she would like to wear shoes that don't have sparkles, like the kind athletes wears.... (goodbye Lilli Kelly's) sad. Kohl's had these cool LA Gears for $16.00!! Sissy learned to tie her shoes last night!!! I'm so proud of her!
This morning we woke up to snow. Yes I said SNOW!
It didn't get us down because Nanny and Papa came to visit!!
Go Fish!!
The kids love having them here!!
My parents really came to watch the boys so Sissy and I could drive to La Grange IL for the Awana Olympics... aka Spark0rama!
Let the game begin.

The audience.
Wheaton Bible were the big winners!!
The team!
Signing shirts was Sissy's favorite part!
There was over 400 1st and 2nd graders playing.
Hip-hip-hooooray!!

9 comments:

Mikele said...

Snow? I won't tell you that the kids wore shorts today.

As I speak, your husband is sleeping in Miles' room and he changed my screensaver to the picture of Amelia jumping outside Awana olympics.

Robyn said...

What a big day! So glad Nanny and Papa could come visit, yay for Sissy at the olympics and for tying her shoes, and the snow is a little depressing. I'm just going to say it.

feather said...

I may have some old BK Nights that Sissy can wear too :) I love her new shoes and great job at the Olympics. Give her a big hug from us!

Did Jen make Nanny's hat?

Carrie said...

Snow. I'm actually jealous. Love the new shoes. I obviously will need to buff up on cool shoes for girls. Hopefully, Sissy can help me out!

Kers said...

What's with Nanny's yamulka (sp?) ?
Sad about the Lelli's but how cool to have another shoe-tier in the family that would come in handy. Yeah for WBC and the Olympics :)

Unknown said...

Nanny's hat was for Amelia's doll.......Amelia thought it looked good on me:)

Unknown said...

Nanny's hat was for Amelia's doll.......Amelia thought it looked good on me:)

Unknown said...

Nanny's hat was for Amelia's doll.......Amelia thought it looked good on me:)

Anonymous said...

This is my HS. How I miss it and LaGrange. Born and raised in LaGrange. Hope you liked it as much as I loved it. Phil's sister lives right around the corner.