Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Neat.

Today was a beautiful day so I surprised the kids with a trip to our favorite park. I gave Macker 9 oz of milk a strawberry Nutri-grain bar and a baggie of pretzels. I was thinking that could just be is dinner. (give me grace, it's Awana night) When we pulled around the corner Macker saw the park yelled, "SLIDE!!" Then he gasped, (with exitement) choked on a pretzel and emptied his tummy. What a mess.

We were 20 minutes from home and the teenagers were so excited I couldn't NOT let them play. So they jumped out and ran as fast as they could from the stinky smell that was taking over the van.

If you think he looks bad you should see the car seat.

The weather is totally getting better here but it's not warm enough to go without pants...
I know I'm his mother but I seriously think Macker rocked the no pants look.


Don't you think that metal was cold on his leggers?

If you think this kid looks like he's judging Macker you should have seen his mother and all her friends;)
Yes, those are purple socks size 0-6 months.
Why wouldn't Junie step in dog poop and Sissy into Mackers spilled vomit?
Astraea, eat your heart out.

15 comments:

Jasmyn said...

oh my goodness...it sounds like you had quite a day!! I can't even count how many times the boys have thrown up in the car all over their car seats....fun stuff.

You are quite the trooper, and a wonderful mom to still let your kids play:)

feather said...

Goodness, you were not kidding! I will be right over to help clean this up! Little Macker's legs are the cutest, regardless of what the other moms at the park were thinking :)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Oh.My.Goodness. I am so sorry! I wish I was there to help you! Actually, I would have puked right after I heard/smelt/saw Macker puke....so maybe I wouldn't have been as much help. BUT...I still wish I was there!

Robyn said...

I love that you documented all of it for us. It's exactly as I envisioned. Puke, chunky legs, purple socks, and all.

Blog Stalker said...

You need to warn people before you post pictures like that. Ew.

Kers said...

So did you take him to Awana like that too? :)

Kim F said...

you always help me to remember that making the best of your current situation is what's important (and to laugh about it) - not having it all go perfect and smooth. so valuable for our kids to experience. you rock! =)

Annabelle said...

Wow. Awesome day. What did the ladies at the park think about you documenting the whole thing with your camera?

Mikele said...

I love the vomit covered Macker in carseat picture. Obviously. I'm going to buy him some socks.

Carrie said...

Wow. And I thought my car had a funky smell the other day. Guess it's all relative!

Kristi said...

Ewwww. I remember a time Mary puked ev.ery.where in the car. I was wishing I had a camera to document just how massive it was. Maybe next time. See how zen I am?!

And also: POOR YOU. !!

Scott Murray said...

Hey everyone...anyone want to buy a KIA minivan...has a great car freshener....

Still stinks. But Katie, you are awesome.

Kristi said...

BLOG AGAIN IMMEDIATELY.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh. Wow. And those ladies at the park...whatever.

Stephanie said...

i always get excited when i see you label something neat. it's bound to be a good story. :) wow, you are a trooper!