Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Big Day

Annabelle and I became friends in kindergarten and our friendship has continued ever since. Annabelle left for boarding school and college on the east coast while I stayed in Iowa for high school and then took off to travel Europe and Africa. After college, she moved to NYC while I headed to AZ. Annabelle has been a fancy producer in LA for the last 7 years (except for the one year she and Ben spent in Rio, Brazil). We love her fiance Ben and being a part of the wedding was an honor. This is how her parents home looked when we arrived. The wedding was in the backyard and it was breathtaking. If you've ever seen Father of the Bride, this was about 10 times more beautiful. The wedding was to begin at 6:30pm. Just after the pictures were done being taken (5:50) the thunder started and we all took cover.

We hid in the house and looked out the window as the guests arrived, hiding under umbrellas.

This is a picture of a dear friend of mine, Lynsey, and Bell and I.At 6:35pm the rain just stopped! Hooray. Here comes the bride with her dad, Moe. Her dress was stunning.It didn't rain another drop all night long...

Scott did a great job (I'm not just saying that cause he's my husband). Click the video to watch.http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/161e608bbc1d0d94cbedd2b5a64f2577?index=0 HUSBAND AND WIFE!
This is my mom and dad with Scott and I. Aaron, Missy, Scott and Lynsey. (she's due in November with her 3rd)
The fun began. This is the bride with her dad.The night was gorgeous and there were candles everywhere. Annabelle's getting her groove on.
These are Annabelle's friends from Deerfield Academy, Megan and Stephanie. The tables were beautiful. This is Chip, Annabelle's boss from LA. Scott and I both wanted to be his best friend. He was really cool and I'm sure he knows a lot of celebrities...The happy couple cutting the cake.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful wedding. i just have one thing to say...sweet pants, Chip.

Astraea said...

I guess when you know famous people, you can get away with those pants!

Kers said...

Who needs PhotoJoe when you have Katie? I feel like I was there :)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Looks like a fun wedding. Did you get any video of you and Scott doing the Electric Slide?

Mikele said...

I'm glad to see you got your hands on some wine, Katie... whew!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, and yes, a little curious about Chip's pants myself. PJ bottoms, perhaps? ;) Great photos, Katie!!! So glad you could be there to enjoy all the fun and festivities. I'm caught up on the blog and can't wait to see more Iowa adventures...