Friday, June 22, 2007

T-Ball Time

My mom signed Amelia up for Tball and she loved. She was assigned the Yankee team and announced that that's her Papa's favorite team. They told her how to stand. The video is pretty funny.
http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/1ea64ac8c168562d4a93a781c0adcdd7?index=0 And how to get ready for a grounder...
Then she was told to cover 3rd.
Finally it was her turn to hit. She did a great job and then ran all the way to 1st base carrying her bat. No big deal, right?Gooooo team. She was a little concerned about why her coach was missing sleeves. I just said, "Oh Sissy, it's just cool to do that here in Iowa".
Papa was very proud of his little Tball star.
On a side note, Amelia is wearing all Scotty's sporty clothes.


5 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Wow...a true softball player in the making! So, is it true that shirts in Iowa don't have sleeves? I always new they did things a little different in that state.

Astraea said...

At least the shirt wasn't flannel. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a shirt like that but it requires strategic double sided tape and I try to only wear it at home. On holidays and such.
Mini is so cute! She looks like a pro out there on the t-ball field!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love that Amelia still wears a bow in her hair even with her helmet. That is true devotion to fashion.

Anonymous said...

I guess it's a HAT, not a HELMET. Oops...shows how "sporty" I am...