Sunday, August 05, 2012

A Heavy Heart

Last October, when Scotty was having all his tummy issues I was referred to a great doctor at the University of Chicago, Dr. Liu. He was actually Chief of Pediatric Surgery and I instantly liked him. He was super smart, funny and full of compassion.  Just this evening I heard on the news that he lost his life today trying to save 2 kids from drowning while on vacation with his own family. I am so sad. Would you all please join me in praying for his family?  I can't imagine how they must be feeling. It's such a reminder of how fragile life really is...

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh my word. Wow. Definitely prayers for his family. I'm sorry.

Kim F said...

oh my! i can't imagine what his family is feeling. this is so sad.

Rachel said...

Praying for his family - so sad.