Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School

Scoot took the 2 big kids to a special back-to-school breakfast.  This was the picture he texted me. Do you think Juner had enough chocolate chip pancakes?
I love each of their faces in this picture.

 
Posted by Picasa
First day of first grade. 

Fourth grade, seriously? 

Smile Sammer!

He's 4.

My school kids!

We met in our neighbors driveway so that we could all walk to school together. So special.
Do you see Sissy's fancy backpack? She had been wanting a Vera Bradley backpack so much. It reminds me of how much I wanted an ESPRIT bag in 6th grade. This past Sunday one of my friends GAVE one to her, along with a matching lunch bag (it was her daughter's old one). You can imagine how happy that made Amelia. Again, so thankful.
 It was like a parade. It's hard to imagine that this will all be covered in snow in the next couple of months. (I know, Debbie Downer)
 Our gang, with their school in the background.
 Juner and 2 of his good buddies.
 Scotty's teacher seems soooo nice and loving.

Amelia's teacher is precious Miss Clark. She was actually Sissy's first grade teacher and we LOVE her. As Amelia would say, "She's super strict and nice all at the same time". 
 
Today was not an easy day. I really missed them. Scotty came home happy, Amelia on the other hand, was pretty sad not to have her good friends in her class this year. Thankfully, Scott had a long talk with her and she was smiling at the end. It's one of the many times I'm glad the kids have such a loving dad.

2 comments:

Kers said...

Love love love your blog. I do not tell you that enough. I feel like I was there with you all trooping over to PH today and I love that. Of course I teared up over that amazing backpack. She'll keep it forever and remember that her Heavenly Father loves to give gifts to his children :) So thankful! Sorry for being the worst blogger ever :(

Katie and Bret said...

I love the backpack! I am jealous ... Seriously! Such a fun breakfast, but I am sure Scotty could have handled a few more pancakes :) Sammers smile is the best!