Friday, August 17, 2012

Have You Missed Me?

Holy Moly, we've been busy and I've seriously neglected all of my (5) adoring blog fans. Way, way last week I took the kids to the Children's Museum because I had a sweet Groupon that was about to expire. Macker swears he has never been there before. Hello, we spent our whole first lonely year there.... anyway, he loved it.

Juner didn't have on any white... then he spotted his unders. He's a sharpie.

LOUD.

Sam spent the majority of his time drinking the water and trying to figure out a way to swim in the "pool". The lady in the background with the backpack was not impressed with my parenting skills (ie.photographing) and she let me know with some seriously dirty looks. She obviously doesn't have a blog.

Macker is so strong.

The weather has been pretty dreamy so we had a fun BBQ and campfire with more wonderful neighbors.

Scooter led us with the guitar.

The next morning we were up bright and early to use our FREE tickets to 6 Flags. See the flags?

I really love them. Even Mac. I paid them each a quarter to look at the camera.

Rides.

Shaggy.

Restroom break. The people behind us in line were not that impressed, but seriously.
 
More rides.

Really slow low flying bees.

Great day!!

The weather was calling for rain on Monday in our area but sun in Iowa, so I loaded the kids in the car to spend some quality cousin time!

We stayed with my sister Kerstin (thank you!) I'd link her blog but she hasn't updated in 2 years.
She had plans to spend the day at a lake with her friend, so we joined them. It was a little chilly for about 10 minutes but then the sky opened up and it was literally the perfect day!

We were the ONLY people at the beach. I'm not kidding. The. Only. People.

"Call me Mr. Sandbelly!"

"Seriously, say it!"

Blue skies!!

I didn't take any other pictures but we had a great time. I need to tell you that my most favorite part was hearing some amazing missionaries share about their experiences in Zanzibar. My mom had a small gathering at her house and I joined them.
        Their story is AMAZING!
You must stalk their blog. They're going to be living in the Chicago area for the next year, do you think they're looking for new BFF's?


////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////



The rest of the week was spent hanging out, playing with our nice neighbors. Have I mentioned how thankful I am?
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm feeling less neglected now. Thanks for posting! Looks like you guys had a crazy week!

Katie and Bret said...

I missed you! I see nothing wrong with Sammer drinking that water or with paying kids for a good pic :) glad you are back from your super fun week!

Mikele said...

I would like to know just how many swimming suits Amelia has... And how you scored free tickets to six flags.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some pretty cool neighbors! I mean, they are cool, hip, AND fun?! You couldn't dream of a better combo. (Oh, and those Vanderveldes are alright too.) ;) We love having you guys as our neighbors too! So thankful.