Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Since leaving Arizona nearly 4 years ago (what on earth, already 4 years!!!), I have met many nice people but I can really only think of a handful that I would call real friends.  Would you believe that 2 of them moved away in the same weekend? I'm not kidding, it's so sad. The first couple, James and Sabrina left for Boston last Friday. Sabrina is going back to school for her MBA in something awesome, I can't think of the exact title but trust me, she's going to be awesome. James just took a sweet new position at World Relief. They've both traveled the world extensively and they have such love for God and hurting people. I can't wait to see what their future holds. I also can't wait for them to have babies someday(hint, hint).

They love our babies. Some people think Sam is theirs. hahah

I already miss them!
 
This past weekend we went out with our precious friends Chris and Calla.  Since day one at WBC Scott and Calla have been ministry partners. Scott just loves Calla and thinks of her like a little sister. Chris was hired shortly after as an associate youth pastor when he graduated from Moody. Scott had the privalge of watching them fall in love in the office. Scott was in their wedding.

Sweet Calla is in the red shirt. When I was at my most lonely Calla reached out to me. We started meeting at the gym super early in the morning. I loved our time together, Calla is wise beyond her 25 years.

Chris, or Uncle Chris as he's known to us, has always loved our kids. He and my little Sammer have such a special bond.

Their last night in town was spent in our backyard.

That is until Calla got too tired and fell asleep. ( I forgive her, she just got back from Greece)

I'm so excited for their future too. Chris just took a sweet job in his hometown of Austin, TX.  The students at their new church are going to be so blessed. I can't wait to see what the future hold for them and I can't wait for them to have babies(hint, hint).
 
Scott and I are sad to see these 4 dear friends leave but more than that we're thankful for the time we've had them. So needless to say, it's not been the easiest time around here and did I mention that my most precious neighbor is moving this fall? AHHHHHHH!!! Tears. Darn.

4 comments:

Amy Hogan said...

love you friend :)

Mikele said...

Time to move home????

Robyn said...

Sad for you!! It's so hard to say goodbye :( they've been such sweet friends to you. Thankful for your friendships.

Packing up the dreams, God's planted...in the fertile soil, of yoooooouuuuuu....

Carrie said...

So sad for you. I hate it when people leave. It happens a lot to us Arizonans as no one likes to put up with the heat for too long :). Praying for God's best and provision of the best neighbor and another sweet soul to share life with. And then ... There is always the option of moving back ;)